Headquarters: New York
Forem is an open-source platform for empowering communities. As a company, we directly operate several communities built on Forem, such as DEV — a gathering place for over 500k registered software developers. We also support Creators who are building their own communities on Forem.
As a Community Associate, you will contribute to the ongoing health of the entire Forem community ecosystem. You will respond to issues impacting individual community members, with a special emphasis on supporting DEV. You will also coordinate with Forem creators who are building new communities — you will help them work through issues, maximize their use of the platform, and ensure the continued success and health of their communities.
The Forem ecosystem is growing quickly, as is our company. As such, there will be ample opportunity for growth. We will empower our Community team with a clear pathway for career development at Forem.
- Serve as the first line of support in resolving DEV community issues
- Manage community moderator functions, including addressing user reports, spam reports, moderator actions, etc.
- Support Forem Creators when they require assistance in leveraging the platform
- Reference internal documentation to operate in a consistent and efficient manner
- Enhance documentation with evolving best-practices to equip internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and communicate recurring problems or particularly painful issues to minimize the impact on community members / creators
- Participate in our on-call support rotation spanning nights, weekends, and holidays
Skills or Experience We’d Like To See
- Strong communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Consistently efficient and productive (without sacrificing work quality)
- High degree of empathy and patience in resolving issues and providing guidance
- Ability to follow directions while also proposing improvements to the underlying process
- Comfortable communicating with individual community members, partner organizations, and Forem Creators alike
- Ability to write clear and direct feature request/bug reports on GitHub
DEV Community is the fastest growing social network for software developers. The DEV mission and brand is defined by helping all software workers achieve their goals and find community while building towards something bigger together. We’re a company that values emotional intelligence, learning and growth. We hire diverse, well-rounded and communicative people who want to build an inclusive software ecosystem as badly as we do.
Forem is open source software for building inclusive communities. It powers platforms such as the DEV Community, among many others. The platform is flexible and hardened by the scrutiny of thousands of developers. To learn more about the future of Forem, check out our announcement post on DEV.
Perks for US Based Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible Equipment and Conference budget
- Co-Working budget (we are a 100% Distributed Team)
- Monthly Wellness Budget
- Ergonomic consultations
- Generous Parental Leave Policy